What else can I find on this blog?

Dear Readers,

Louisiana Genealogy Blogs - Help create links to other genealogy blogs in Louisiana! If you have a Louisiana genealogy blog, please send me a link. You can find links to other genealogy blogs from a variety of sources below this blog. There are links to news stories about genealogy in Louisiana (when that Google thing works - tx Google!) and genealogy tags from Word Press, Louisiana posts from Cousin Connect, and posts from the genealogy community at Live Journal. You may also find other networking websites linking here interested in genealogy and a whole slew of other genealogy blogs. Most of the Louisiana Parishes RootsWeb mailing lists are found linked to the left. I have found these to be the most helpful. Maybe, you will, too.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. Feel free to post to the forum or the Louisiana Surname - Louisiana Researchers list and if you're feeling rather adventurous, you can join the Yahoo!Group, too. I try to update the surname list on a monthly basis. You can read the entire four and one half pages of the Louisiana Surnames Louisiana Researchers list here. And if that is giving you trouble (it does sometimes), go here.

I would like to encourage other Louisiana genealogy bloggers to copy the profile I created from Blogger. It assists others in finding you in every parish in Louisiana! There are useful social tools like Add This at the bottom of the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!



Louisiana Genealogy Blogs
louisianagenealogy@yahoo.com

P.S. You can visit my Louisiana Lagniappe too and find more Louisiana pages on Facebook by clicking on the tabs.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Veterans History Project

What was in my mailbag today? A whole lotta mail that I didn't read and I still have to sort out my Google Reader b/c Bloglines is closing.  I successfully procrastinated the completion of this task. ;) If you were on Facebook today, I apologize.  I nearly burned up the news wall with various findings from my Google reader.
You'll have to go read my Facebook wall b/c I'm not reposting it hear with the exception of the following:

I thought that the Veterans History Project link should appear. So I added it to my Louisiana Genealogy links, which appear towards the bottom of this blog.  Have you looked into its archives to read or listen to stories told by Louisiana Veterans?  Louisiana appears over 2,000 times in this archive. And I am proud to say that "Louisiana" appears more than a search of  the term, "Mississippi".  (I hate to brag, but its true (for now - I know they are adding more.)) I know that our great state has more than just 2,000 Veterans. From what I could see of the archive, there are more Veterans stories being added to its database each day and those that cannot be accessed, yet, were noted as being .... in processing....so I will be patient.

You must be careful to select ALL in the feature search to the left.  I made that mistake at first search and shocked myself with a bupkiss result that I knew should not appear.

For those of you who would prefer that this blog be apolitical stop reading now.

At the risk of ticking off say.... a few readers....EVEN OBL. I'm publishing something that was in my mailbag about the War on Terrorism.  I'm sure that the email was sent in light of the recent 9/11 nine year anniversary. I found the following statement provoking:
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ  2. The British Soldier. 3. The Canadian Soldier.  4. The US Soldier, and  5. The Australian Soldier  One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom



Of course, the author of the email had the order messed around a bit as all were under British authority at one time......Mistakes were made. We fixed that. [Thank you, to a few dead ancestors.] And former PM Tony Blair apologized for burning down our library, although, very very late. I read this email after searching the Veterans History Project. It was a good day, even tho the beginning of the email really saddened me; I read on to THE END.


The rest of the email read as follows, which is not safe for liberals.
NEVER FORGET

    
   This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the
U.S. , U.K. . and Australia  
  


   THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH  
  

   Here is a woman who should run for Prime Minister!  
  
Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is
one ticked off lady...  


Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not
started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001
and have continually threatened to do so since?  
  
Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in
downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the capitol of the USA and in a
field in Pennsylvania ?  
  
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning
or crushing death that day, or didn't they?  
  
And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured
by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in
a brutal insurgency.  
  
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.  
  
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start
caring about the Holy Bible , the mere belief of which is a crime punishable
by beheading in Afghanistan ..  
  
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off
Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.  
  
I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come
out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding
in mosques and behind women and children.  
  
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of
nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.  
  
I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of
speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the
ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.  
  
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up
an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:  
  
I don't care.  
  
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not
to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:  
  
I don't care.  
  
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:  
  
I don't care.  
  
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and
other times ' Quran .' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it, 
 
I don't care!!  
  
If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail
friends.  Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!  
  
If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you
choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed
by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country!  And may I add:  
  
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference
in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.'  
  
I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you forward all this.  
  

   One last thought for the day:  
   Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:  
  
1. Jesus Christ   
2. The British Soldier.   
3. The Canadian Soldier.   
4. The US Soldier, and   
5. The Australian Soldier  
   
One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.  
  

   YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL OF THEM.  
   AMEN!

No comments:

Group Message Board

Visit more Louisiana on Facebook

Genealogisphere

Groups, Hoops and Engines: Blog Tech

Searching for our Ancestors

AddThis Social Bookmark Button