What a wonderful idea! Gov. Bobby Jindal recognized 10 of the longest married couples in Louisiana on Valentines Day. This was sponsored by Louisiana Family Forum.
- The Burmahs were married in 1931. Norman Burmah of Marksville, LA is 102 and Norma is 99, 82 years [More on this couple]
- Varrie and Lawrence Player of Shreveport, 78 years
- Devance and Mattie O'Rains of Marthaville, 77 years
- Willie Clyde and Kathryn Flores of Vivian, 77 years
- Placide and Emily Moran of Lake Charles, 76 years
- Francis and Edna Adams of Westwego, 76 years
- Earl and Betty Harps of Denham Springs, 75 years
- Edgar and Mary Emma Bland of Shreveport, 75 years
- Clyde and Geneva Cockerham of Denham Springs, 73 years
- Edward and Hilda Guedry of Brusly, 73 years
Louisiana Family Forum is seeking “Louisiana’s Top 10 Longest Married Couples” to honor their lasting commitment to marriage and family.The Top 10 Longest Married Couples will receive an Official Statement of Special Recognition from the Governor’s office and will be entered into the LFF “Marriage Hall of Fame.”Don't forget this for next year!
Couples married over 65 years are encouraged to apply, by sending their contact information and wedding date to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call the LFF office at 800-606-6470. Louisiana Family Forum 655 St. Ferdinand Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802 | phone (225) 344-8533 toll free (800) 606-6470