What else can I find on this blog?

Dear Readers,

Louisiana Genealogy Blogs - Help create links to other genealogy blogs in Louisiana! If you have a Louisiana genealogy blog, please send me a link. You can find links to other genealogy blogs from a variety of sources below this blog. There are links to news stories about genealogy in Louisiana (when that Google thing works - tx Google!) and genealogy tags from Word Press, Louisiana posts from Cousin Connect, and posts from the genealogy community at Live Journal. You may also find other networking websites linking here interested in genealogy and a whole slew of other genealogy blogs. Most of the Louisiana Parishes RootsWeb mailing lists are found linked to the left. I have found these to be the most helpful. Maybe, you will, too.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. Feel free to post to the forum or the Louisiana Surname - Louisiana Researchers list and if you're feeling rather adventurous, you can join the Yahoo!Group, too. I try to update the surname list on a monthly basis. You can read the entire four and one half pages of the Louisiana Surnames Louisiana Researchers list here. And if that is giving you trouble (it does sometimes), go here.

I would like to encourage other Louisiana genealogy bloggers to copy the profile I created from Blogger. It assists others in finding you in every parish in Louisiana! There are useful social tools like Add This at the bottom of the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!



Louisiana Genealogy Blogs
louisianagenealogyblogs@yahoo.com

P.S. You can visit my Louisiana Lagniappe too and find more Louisiana pages on Facebook by clicking on the tabs.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Louisiana genealogy news

Here are a few stories I've read today in and around Louisiana:
Hello, My name is Kelsey Davis, and I am a reporter at WAFB Channel 9 in Baton Rouge. I am putting together a piece that will air later this month on family history/ancestry searches. I was wondering if someone who manages your blog would be willing to talk to me (perhaps even on camera) about (what seems like) the spike in interest in genealogy searches. I was also hoping that you all could put me in contact with someone (preferably in the Baton Rouge area) who has recently completed a family history search. Thanks so much in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you,
Kelsey Davis - WAFB TV Channel 9 Reporter -  kelseydavis@wafb.com
office: 225-215-4820 cell: 225-202-8249
Kelsey also remarked:
"I am thinking about getting an account on one of those ancestry-type websites/working with a genealogist to do a family history search. I don't really know if it is worth it though. Has anyone used one of those sites or worked with a person to help them trace their family history? If so, how was your experience? What did you learn about your family that you might have never known?"

No comments:

Group Message Board

Visit more Louisiana on Facebook

Louisiana Genealogy News

Loading...

Genealogisphere

Groups, Hoops and Engines: Blog Tech

Searching for our Ancestors

AddThis Social Bookmark Button