What else can I find on this blog?

Dear Readers,

Louisiana Genealogy Blogs - Help create links to other genealogy blogs in Louisiana! If you have a Louisiana genealogy blog, please send me a link. You can find links to other genealogy blogs from a variety of sources below this blog. There are links to news stories about genealogy in Louisiana (when that Google thing works - tx Google!) and genealogy tags from Word Press, Louisiana posts from Cousin Connect, and posts from the genealogy community at Live Journal. You may also find other networking websites linking here interested in genealogy and a whole slew of other genealogy blogs. Most of the Louisiana Parishes RootsWeb mailing lists are found linked to the left. I have found these to be the most helpful. Maybe, you will, too.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. Feel free to post to the forum or the Louisiana Surname - Louisiana Researchers list and if you're feeling rather adventurous, you can join the Yahoo!Group, too. I try to update the surname list on a monthly basis. You can read the entire four and one half pages of the Louisiana Surnames Louisiana Researchers list here. And if that is giving you trouble (it does sometimes), go here.

I would like to encourage other Louisiana genealogy bloggers to copy the profile I created from Blogger. It assists others in finding you in every parish in Louisiana! There are useful social tools like Add This at the bottom of the blog.

Thanks for stopping by!



Louisiana Genealogy Blogs
louisianagenealogyblogs@yahoo.com

P.S. You can visit my Louisiana Lagniappe too and find more Louisiana pages on Facebook by clicking on the tabs.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Gunfights, Meetings and Family Reunions

What's new?

If you follow @lagenealogy on twitter, you've noticed a few Louisiana family tweets, family reunions and you will get a few links to genealogy news articles from Louisiana and the world.  I love family reunions and the different t-shirts that are made all around Louisiana.

Louisiana Genealogy Blog Forum

Ark-La-Tex Genealogical Association will host an all day seminar on August 10, 2013. Event will be held at the Broadmoor United Methodist Church (Pearce Activity Hall), 3715 Youree Drive, Shreveport. Featured speaker is John Sellers. Topics are: (1) Researching Your Ancestor's Plot of Dirt: Adventures of Courthouse Land Research, (2) Women, That Gender You Can't Do Without, (3) Your Ancestors Own Cousins and Their Value to Your Research, and (4) Researching Newspapers in Cyberspace. Cost is $40 and includes lunch and syllabus if preregistered by August 5. Limited Seating and preregistration highly recommended. For more details and a printable registration form, go to http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~laaltga/ or email Jim Johnson at jjohnson747@suddenlink.net.

Blogs I've read - Pics I enjoyed

I have to admit, I have been very busy with my own family in the last month. I haven't read very many Louisiana genealogy blogs of late. I did manage to venture out & found a few family reunion websites. Smith Family & Green Family . Lots of new family reunion websites are cropping up!


New Orleans - July 2013
2013 Courtney Granger, Huval Family Band, La Folk Roots Dance, April 24-8678 2013 dancers, Huval Family Band, La Folk Roots Dance, April 24-8656



Gunfight in Louisiana - Rapides Parish

I would love to hear more about this gunfight. I wonder what started the fight? You can search this blog to find more duels in Louisiana here & here is a link to the Dueling Oaks. I found another duel in front of a church at the Algiers Historical Society. LAGenWeb also posts a transcript of Northwest Louisiana, "Duel on the Cane".
"I'm tring to find more information about Peter Perkins (1878-arond 1920) of Rapides Parish. Peter and my great grandfather, Osborn Willis, had a gunfight in 1916 resulting in Osborn's immediate death and Perkins dieing a couple of years later. Can anyone give me more information about Perkins, where he died or whatever other information you may have about him?"  RootsWeb

No comments:

Group Message Board

Visit more Louisiana on Facebook

Louisiana Genealogy News

Loading...

Genealogisphere

Groups, Hoops and Engines: Blog Tech

Searching for our Ancestors

AddThis Social Bookmark Button